Our Missional Vision
“To make more and better disciples of Jesus Christ by creating opportunities to be in mission together for God's Kingdom."
- “The Lord has told you what is good, and this is what he requires of you: to do what is right, to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.” (Micah 6:8)
- “For even the Son of Man came not to be served but to serve others and to give his life as a ransom for many.” (Mark 10:45)
- “Teacher, which is the most important commandment in the law of Moses?”
Jesus replied, “‘You must love the Lord your God with all your heart, all your soul, and all your mind.’ This is the first and greatest commandment. A second is equally important: ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’” (Matthew 22:36-39)
Our Missional Values
We hold the following values to be foundational to our approach to missions at FUMC Brandon.
- Empowering and equipping our members for service to God’s Kingdom.
- We believe that every member should be engaged in serving God’s Kingdom as a vital element in their spiritual growth.
- Long-term partnerships driven by personal and ministry relationships and partnerships.
- We believe that God’s Kingdom is best served by modeling the relational nature of the Kingdom through the way we do the ministry of missions at FUMC Brandon. We will seek out opportunities to establish long-term partnerships that are based on developing deep and lasting relationships with others.
- Transforming communities through helping local churches.
- We will seek opportunities to help others through other local churches and their ministries. We believe that the local church is the primary structure for ministry in God’s Kingdom. We will place our preference on working with local churches in the areas we serve around the world in a way that enhances their ministry and relies upon their expertise.
- Providing compassionate relief in times of crisis.
- We will seek opportunities to reach out and offer relief to others when they are experiencing times of crisis in their lives.
- Praying for, and obeying, God’s will.
- We believe prayer to be an essential element in our ministry of missions at FUMC Brandon. We will seek to obey what we are able discern as God’s will. We will best understand this through devotion to prayer for the ministry of missions and prayer for our various ministry partners.
Check here for specific Mission opportunities.